Sunday, September 12, 2010


Arriving Home and Taking Root
After meeting the students, parents, and colleagues at DCS, I realize that I was likely separated at birth from my true family and now I'm back home again. My teaching practice had become a bit sterilized by the pressures of large-institution protocols and yet I barely knew it -- frog in the heating water syndrome. As I've assimilated into DCS, I find my core beliefs about teaching surfacing and taking root in the fertile soils of this school's philosophies, practices, and personalities. There is likely to be much growth during this first year, and I feel great about it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Teacher of seventh grade life science in Sunnyvale and Director of the MERIT Teacher Technology Training Program at Foothill College..."Making Education Relevant and Interactive through Technology"